Warm Garlic Bean Crostini
- prep time 0 min
- total time 5 min
- serves 24
1 baguette, (French stick)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
½ teaspoon dried sage, crumbled
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 19 ounce can white kidney beans, drained, and, rinsed
1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind
1 tablespoon lemon, juice
parsley, leaves, (optional)
1. Cut baguette diagonally into 24 slices.
2. Broil on baking sheet for 30 seconds on each side or until golden. Set aside.
3. In nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook garlic, sage and pepper, stirring, for 1 minute or until garlic is golden.
4. Meanwhile, in bowl, mash one-third of the kidney beans.
5. Add mashed and whole beans, lemon rind and juice to skillet; cook for 3 minutes or until hot.
6. Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon (15 mL) onto each crostini.
7. Garnish with sage (if using).