West Coast Cedar-Planked Salmon
West Coast Sockeye salmon filets (with skin on and bones removed)
¼ oz fresh dill (3-4 sprigs)
½ tsp kosher salt
¼ tsp coarse peppercorns
½ cup maple syrup
1 piece cedar plank, for grilling salmon
1. Place salmon on cedar plank skin-side down.
2. Sprinkle with salt and coarse peppercorns.
3. Heat BBQ to 225ºF – (this can also be done in an oven).
4. BBQ on cedar plank for 15 minutes.
5. Brush with maple syrup and add dill on top.
6. Continue to BBQ for 5 more minutes.
7. Give one final brush with maple syrup prior to removing from BBQ.
8. Remove from BBQ and service.