- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 5
1 Tbsp canola oil (15ml)
1 Tbsp butter (15ml)
1 small onion, diced
1 carrot, grated
1 celery stalk, diced
½ cup grated mushrooms (125ml)
1 clove garlic, minced
8 oz turkey sausage, casing removed (250g)
½ cup water (125ml)
1 cup ricotta cheese (250ml)
2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese (30ml)
1 Tbsp chopped, parsley (15ml)
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 pkg wonton or dumpling wrappers
1 Tbsp water (15ml)
Additional parmesan (garnish)
chopped parsley, red pepper flakes (optional kids garnish)
chopped sage (optional adult garnish)Brown Butter Sauce
6 Tbsp butter (90ml)
1. In a large nonstick skillet heat butter and oil, over medium heat and add onions, carrots, celery, mushrooms and garlic. Cook for about 10 minutes, until all the liquid has evaporated and the vegetables are lightly golden and soft. Place mixture in a bowl.
2. In same skillet, over medium-high heat add water and crumbled turkey. Simmer until cooked through, about 7 to 10 minutes. Drain, if necessary. Add to vegetable mixture. Divide mixture in half. Place one half in food processor bowl and pulse until well combined.
3. In a bowl, combine ricotta, parmesan and egg and add to vegetable mixture. Divide in half and add parsley to adult mixture.
4. Whisk egg and 1 tbsp. water to make egg wash.
5. Assemble ravioli.
Using a 2 inch round cutter, cut 48 wrappers. Place ¾ tsp of filling on one side of wrapper. Brush with egg wash. Fold opposite side over to cover filling to a create a half moon; press edges to remove air and seal edges. Place ravioli on a baking tray lined with a tea towel sprinkled with flour, cornstarch or semolina.
Place 1 tbsp of filling in the centre of wrapper. Brush with egg wash and top with another wrapper; press edges to remove air and press to seal. Place ravioli on a baking tray lined with a tea towel sprinkled with flour, cornstarch or semolina.
6. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add ravioli and cook until al dente, about 3-4 minutes. Drain.
7. Prepare Brown Butter Sauce. Reserve.
8. Pour butter sauce over and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Garnish.Brown Butter Sauce
1. Melt butter and oil in a small skillet, over medium heat. Heat until butter foams and changes colour to nut brown. Note: this will happen quickly. Remove from heat. Let the sediment settle to the bottom. Pour off brown butter and reserve to pour over wontons.
If children do not like brown butter use melted butter as a substitute.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site