Yayo's Mahi Mahi Fish Tacos
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 1
225 grams Mahi Mahi fillets
¾ cup dark beer
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons red cabbage
6 tablespoons white cabbage
6 tablespoons carrots, shredded
10 tablespoons orange juice
salt and pepper
4 corn tortillas (4-inch diameter)
1 cup frying oil
10 tablespoons sour cream
2 cloves small cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
6 tablespoons cilantro
1. Cut the Mahi Mahi into even strips, marinate for 5-7 minutes in beer.
2. In another container, mix flour, cayenne pepper, paprika, and salt. Coat the Mahi Mahi strips into flour mixture, one by one. Lightly fry the strips in oil on medium heat for 90 seconds - 2 minutes, until they are golden brown.
3. Cut red and white cabbage into tiny pieces, and mix with shredded carrots. Add orange juice. Salt and pepper to taste.
4. Blend together sour cream, garlic cloves, lemon juice, and cilantro. Salt and pepper to taste.
5. Heat tortillas on skillet with a little bit of oil. Remove from heat.
6. Use 2 tortillas per taco. Add coleslaw, top with Mahi Mahi strips, add some more coleslaw on top, and finish off with cilantro sauce.
7. Yields: 1 serving