Buffalo Mozzarella and Tomato Pizza
- prep time120 min
- total time 140 min
- serves 4
This delicious pizza from Roger Mooking is made with fresh and simple ingredients.
3 ¼ cup all purpose flour, plus extra for dusting
2 tsp instant yeast
1 Tbsp salt
1 Tbsp sugar
1 cup warm water
¼ cup dry white wine, room temperature
3 Tbsp olive oilBuffalo Mozzarella and Tomato
flour for dusting
cornmeal for dusting
1 cup whole canned tomatoes, crushed with hands
1 balls buffalo mozzarella, drained from water
1 Tbsp olive oil
¼ cup basil, leaves torn
1. Place flour, yeast, salt and sugar in a large bowl or food processor.
2. In the bowl, make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add warm water, wine and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Or add wet ingredients to food processor.
3. With a wooden spoon stir the wet ingredients into dry ingredients until mixture comes together, or pulse in the food processor until dough comes together.
4. Lightly flour work surface, turn dough out and knead for approximately 5 minutes until dough is smooth and elastic.
5. Split dough into three balls; lightly oil one large bowl with ½ teaspoon of olive oil. Place 2 balls of dough in bowl, cover with plastic wrap and place near a warm dry spot to rise for 1 hour.
6. Place remaining dough in a clean plastic resealable bag and place in fridge or freezer for future use.
7. Remove balls of dough from the bowl, punch down to release air, cover with plastic wrap and reserve for assembling pizzas.Buffalo Mozzarella and Tomato
1. Place pizza stone in oven and preheat to 450F.
2. Flour a clean dry working surface and roll out pizza dough to 1/4 inch thick.
3. Dust a large cutting board or wooden pizza paddle with flour and cornmeal, transfer rolled dough on top.
4. Scatter tomatoes over pizza dough leaving an inch around the edges of crust. Tear pieces of buffalo mozzarella, place on pizza. Place olive oil in a small bowl and brush edges of dough with olive oil.
5. To bake, lift board with pizza and slide on to pizza stone in oven. Bake until crust is slightly golden and cheese has melted, approximately 10 minutes.
6. Garnish pizza with torn basil leaves, slice and serve.