Roast Chicken with Celeriac
- serves 0
1 celeriac, peeled and roughly diced
3 carrots, roughly diced
1 leek, green top removed, split in half and rinsed
3 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 whole chicken (approx. 4 lbs)
1 lemon, cut in ½
2 shallots, roughly diced
½ bunch thyme
½ bunch sage
3-4 cloves, smashed
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Place celeriac, carrots and leek in a large roasting pan, drizzle with vegetable oil, season with salt and pepper, toss and spread evenly in pan.
3. Season inside of chicken with salt and pepper.
4. Stuff chicken, beginning with ½ of lemon, shallots, thyme, sage and garlic, ending with other ½ of lemon.
5. Tuck wings under chicken and truss chicken legs.
6. Season chicken well with salt and pepper, place on top of oiled vegetables.
7. Place in oven, roast until cooked through and juices run clear, approximately 1 ½ hours or a meat thermometer reaches 185 degrees.