Are you looking for a satisfying, flavourful dinner with barely any clean up? If so, sheet pan chicken fajitas is the recipe for you. Simply toss all ingredients on a baking sheet and pop in the oven for an easy, healthy and delicious meal. With very little prep and minimal clean-up required, you’ll surely be adding this dish to your family’s weeknight supper schedule.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 27 minutes
Total Time: 37 minutes
Serves: 2 to 4
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips
1 yellow onion, cut into ½-inch pieces
1 red onion, cut into ½-inch pieces
1 red pepper, seeded and cut into ½-inch strips
1 yellow pepper, seeded and cut into ½-inch strips
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp paprika
1½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp granulated garlic powder
¼ tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
4 to 6 tortillas
1 avocado, diced
⅓ cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
1 lime, cut into wedges
1. Preheat the oven to 375ºF. On a large rimmed baking sheet, add chicken, onions, peppers, oil, chili powder, paprika, cumin, granulated garlice powder, salt and pepper. Toss well.
2. Bake for 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Stack tortillas and wrap securely in foil.
3. Remove cooked chicken and vegetable mixture from oven and make a clearing to add on tortilla package.
4. Set oven to broil. Return sheet pan with chicken and vegetable mixture and tortilla package to oven. Broil for about 2 minutes, until chicken and vegetables are slightly crisped and tortillas are warmed through.
5. Unwrap tortilla package. Build fajitas in tortillas with chicken and vegetable mixture, avocado, cilantro and a squeeze of lime. Serve.
Take your dinner chicken from ordinary to extraordinary tomorrow night, too, with these tasty recipes.