Delicious fresh pesto, juicy mushrooms, savoury red onion, finished off with the smokey flavour of creamy smoked gouda. A pizza that not only looks great, but tastes awesome too!
Pesto Pizza with Red Onions, Mushrooms and Smoked Gouda
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
No-Knead Pizza Dough:
250g all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
? teaspoon active dry yeast
Smoked gouda cheese
1. In a bowl, combine dry ingredients, slowly mix in water while stirring with a wooden spoon.
2. Once dough begins to form, work it into a roughly shaped ball with your hands, leaving it in the bowl, and covering with plastic wrap.
3. Allow dough to rise at room temperature for around 18 hours or until doubled inside.
4. After 18 hours, remove dough from bowl and place on a floured work surface.
5. Cut the dough into three even pieces for personal sized pizzas.
6. Knead each piece of dough into a ball and allow to rise for another hour covered with a damp towel, or wrapped in plastic wrap. If you won’t be using all the dough right away, refrigerate it, and remove it from the fridge 1 to 2 hours before cooking allowing it to warm to room temperature.
7. While dough is resting, if using a pizza stone, place it in the cold oven and turn the heat to 500F (or as close to that heat as possible), allowing the oven to heat for about an hour.
8. If you don’t have a pizza stone, arrange the pizza dough on a baking sheet, and just preheat the oven to 500 to 550F.
9. Once the dough has finished resting, on a floured surface, stretch it thinly to your preference (without breaking the dough).
10. Spread pesto on the dough, top with sliced mushrooms, red onions, and slices or shredded smoked gouda.
11. If using a baking sheet, bake at 500 to 550°F, or if using a pizza stone turn your oven to broil, and cook the pizza for 5 to 10 minutes until desired doneness.
Carlene and Bob Deutscher are the dynamic sibling duo behind BS’ in the Kitchen. While Carlene leans towards the sweeter side of things, baking up delicious desserts, you can count on Bob to cook up something savoury! Aside from blogging on BS’ in the Kitchen, Carlene works in marketing & communications, and sidelines as a lifestyle & wedding photographer, while Bob operates his own media company, with a focus on food photography, and videography!
Carlene and Bob Deutscher are part of the Lifestyle Blog Network family.