Aphrodisiac Prawns with Orange and Bergamot
- prep time10 min
- total time 25 min
- serves 2
A warm and richly aromatic dish featuring tiger prawns and baby bok choy.
Brought you you by Oikos from Danone. Visit the Danone blog for more recipe ideas!
6 fresh giant tiger prawns
2 baby bok choy
1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
1 Tbsp (15 mL) butter
½ cup (125 mL) orange juice
1 tsp (5 mL) Earl Grey tea leaves
1 tsp (5 mL) honey
½ cup (125 mL) Oikos Plain 2% Greek yogurt
fleur de sel and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Peel prawns, keeping the tip of the tail on, and cut a shallow slit along their backs to devein. Chill.
2. Remove the leaves from the baby bok choy; wash and dry them well.
3. In a large skillet, cook the bok choy leaves in canola oil over high heat.
4. Remove the bok choy and set aside to drain on paper towels.
5. Reduce the heat to medium-low and melt the butter in the same skillet.
6. Sear the prawns for about 4 minutes on each side, or until golden.
7. Depending on the size of the prawns, reduce the heat and continue to cook gently until they are pink throughout.
8. Remove the prawns from the pan and keep warm.
9. Increase the heat to medium-high and deglaze the pan with the orange juice. Add the Earl Grey tea leaves and simmer 3 minutes.
10. Strain the tea leaves out of the orange juice. Return liquid to the burner.
11. Add the honey and reduce if necessary, until the liquid is syrupy.
12. When the texture is right, remove from heat and add the yogurt to the sauce. Mix well.
13. Serve a little mound of bok choy topped with the seared shrimp and finish with the creamy orange-bergamot sauce.
14. End with a turn of the peppermill and a sprinkle of fleur de sel.