BBQ Potato Salad
- prep time45 min
- total time 45 min
- serves 4 - 6
Bacon and pickled onions add extra layers of flavour to this potato side dish.
3 lb(s) baby Yukon gold potatoes
2 Tbsp kosher salt
8 slices thick-cut baconQuick-Pickled Onion
½ cup red wine vinegar
1 - 2 Tbsp honey
1 tsp red chile flakes
1 tsp dried dill
1 small red onion, thinly slicedDressing
¾ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup BBQ sauce
2 Tbsp whole-grain mustard
1 - 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
1 pinch kosher salt
½ cup fresh parsley leaves
1. Put the potatoes in a pot with cold water and add the salt. Cover, bring to a boil and cook until fork-tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain, cut in half and transfer to a bowl.
2. Fry the bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate, chop into 1-inch pieces and reserve.Quick-Pickled Onion
1. Combine the red wine vinegar, honey, chile flakes and dill in a small bowl and whisk until the honey is completely dissolved. Add 1/2 cup water and the sliced onions. Toss well to combine and submerge the onions. Set aside or transfer to a container with an airtight lid. The quick-pickled onions can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.Dressing
1. Mix together the mayonnaise, BBQ sauce, mustard, apple cider vinegar, pepper, Worcestershire and salt in a medium bowl until combined.
2. Pour the dressing onto the potatoes, add a third of the pickled onions, two-thirds of the chopped bacon and half the chopped parsley and toss. To serve, garnish with the remaining parsley, bacon and pickled red onions.