Brown Sugar Pound Cake
- serves 1
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
2 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
6 egg, room temperature
3 cup pastry flour
½ tsp salt
1 cup sour cream
¼ tsp baking sodaIcing
6 Tbsp icing sugar
2 Tbsp browned and strained butter
1 Tbsp water
1 tsp vanillaTo Assemble
1. Preheat oven to 275 F. Grease and flour a bundt pan.
2. In a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or with an electric mixer), cream butter, sugars and vanilla on high speed until light and fluffy, scraping down sides often. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
3. Sift together flour and salt.
4. In a separate bowl combine sour cream and baking soda. Add flour and sour cream alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with the flour. Scrape cake batter into bundt pan.
5. Bake for 20 minutes at 275 F, then turn up oven to 325 F and bake for an additionalIcing
1. Stir together icing sugar with browned and strained butter, water and vanilla.To Assemble
1. Ice cake after it has cooled by drizzling icing over top of cake.