1 ½ cup coarse bulgur
2 ¾ cup water
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
2 170 g cans imported Italian tuna in olive oil
2 Tbsp capers, rinsed and drained
½ small red onion, finely chopped
2 Tbsp garlic, minced
pinch cayenne pepper
Coarse salt and freshly cracked black pepper
⅓ cup lemon juice
2 cup ripe grape tomatoes, cut in half
3 Tbsp olive oil
4 leaves fresh basil, chopped
1 Tbsp chopped fresh coriander, chopped
3 scallions, chopped, for garnish
1. In a medium saucepan toast the bulgur over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for about 5 to 7 minutes (it should make popping sounds in the pan and be browned slightly).
2. Add water and 1 tsp. salt to pan and bring to a boil.
3. Turn off the heat and let bulgur sit for 5 minutes.
4. Transfer bulgur to a baking sheet and spread out to cool.
5. Sprinkle with parsley.
6. Put the tuna in a large bowl and flake it.
7. Add the capers, onion, garlic, cayenne pepper, some salt and pepper and lemon juice.
8. Add the tomatoes and toss thoroughly.
9. Stir in the olive oil and add the fresh herbs.
10. Serve the bulgur topped with the tuna mixture.
11. Garnish with the chopped scallions.