8 strips Great Value Naturally Smoked Bacon
1 sweet onion, peeled and diced
1 sweet red pepper, peeled and diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
6 cups day-old crusty whole wheat bread, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) dice
6 Great Value Large Eggs
½ cup 5% light cream
½ cup Great Value 3-Cheese Blend Shredded Cheese
3 green onions, thinly sliced
½ tsp Great Value Iodized Sea Salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray 12-cup muffin pan thoroughly with non-stick canola oil spray.
2. Cook bacon until crispy according to package directions. Reserve 1-2 Tbsp (15-30 mL) fat. Drain bacon on paper towel then roughly chop. Set aside.
3. In a large nonstick skillet, heat the reserved bacon fat over medium-high. Add diced onion and red pepper. Sauté 10-15 minutes, stirring often, or until well caramelized. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute longer. Transfer to large mixing bowl to cool slightly.
4. In small bowl, whisk together eggs and cream. Add to caramelized onion mixture along with bacon and remaining ingredients; stir well to combine. Let stand for 5 minutes, stirring several times, or until egg and cream is absorbed.
5. Divide mixture evenly between the 12 muffin cups. Bake for 20-24 minutes or until egg is set. Carefully run a knife around each strata to loosen. Remove them from the pan using the tip of a knife. Serve warm.