Cheeseburger by the Slice with Salad
- prep time15 min
- total time 15 min
- serves 5
1 frozen pie crust
1 lb(s) extra lean ground beef (450 g or 16 oz)
3 Tbsp onion flakes (45 mL)
½ cup water (125 mL)
½ cup corn flake crumbs (125 mL)
½ cup ketchup (125 mL)
1 ½ tsp mustard (7 mL)
¼ tsp pepper (1 mL)
¼ tsp Mrs. Dash Italian seasoning (1 mL)
½ tsp hot chili sauce (2 mL)
1 bag (170 g or 6 oz) Caesar salad with fixings included
1 cup grated light cheddar cheese (250 mL)
1. Thaw one pie crust at room temperature.
2. Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C).
3. Brown ground beef in fry pan.
4. Add onion and water. Mix well.
5. Add corn flake crumbs, ketchup, mustard, pepper, Italian seasoning and hot chili sauce. Mix together well.
6. Pour meat mixture into pie shell. Smooth top. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
7. Rinse salad in salad spinner and spin dry.
8. When timer rings, take foil off and cover pie with cheddar.
9. Return to broil until cheese bubbles.
10. Let the pie stand for five minutes while tossing the salad with dressing.