Chicken and Waffle Sliders
- prep time35 min
- total time 50 min
If you build them, they will come.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 ¾ cups milk
½ cup vegetable oil
2 Tbsp white sugar
4 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
Non-stick cooking sprayFried Chicken
1 lb(s) chicken breast, cut in large cubes
2 cups flour
3 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp paprika
1 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp cayenne
1 tsp salt
Oil for frying (2L for pan; 3L for deep fryer)
5 eggs, beatenSauce
1 cup maple syrup
4 tsp hot sauce
1 tsp crushed red pepperTo Assemble
2 slices cooked bacon
1. Preheat waffle iron.
2. In large bowl, beat eggs until light and fluffy. Beat in flour, milk and vegetable oil, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix until smooth.
3. Spray waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour mix onto waffle iron, as per directions. Cook until golden brown.
4. Remove waffles and set aside.Fried Chicken
1. Preheat pot with oil for frying chicken over medium high heat.
2. Cut chicken into 3 inch strips.
3. In a bowl, mix all dry ingredients for to dredge chicken.
4. In a separate bowl, beat eggs.
5. Dip chicken pieces in egg, then dredge in dry flour mixture.
6. Fry in a pot or deep fryer until the internal temperature of the chicken is 165ºF.
7. Set fried chicken aside.Sauce
1. Mix all ingredients together for sauce.To Assemble
1. Place waffle quarter, bacon, chicken, sauce, waffle quarter, and top with sauce again.
2. Skewer with toothpick, and serve.
Courtesy of Chantal Payette