Chipotle BBQ with Potato Cupcakes and Grilled Veggies
- prep time20 min
- total time 55 min
- serves 6
2 tsp Mrs. Dash Grill Blend for steak
5 thick sirloin steaks (6 oz/ 175 g each)
1 cup ketchup
¼ cup salsa
1 tsp liquid smoke
¼ cup honey
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Leftover mashed potatoes
1 egg white
1 red pepper
½ red sweet onion
1 heads broccoli
5 mushrooms (cut in half)
4-6 fresh corn on the cob (frozen if not in season)
2 Tbsp butter
tsp fine sea salt or Kosher
¼ tsp dried parsley
¼ tsp Mrs. Dash Chipotle seasoning
3 Tbsp minced fresh cilantro (optional)
Prepared BBQ sauce
1. Pre-heat BBQ at med heat (400º F). If you have a small BBQ, preheat oven for potatoes.
2. Wash and slice veggies into large chunks and toss into a bowl. Add oil and toss. Place in a veggie basket and place on hot BBQ. Place corn on the cob in large stove top pot. Add 1 cup of water and bring to a boil. Turn corn. Set timer for 5 minutes. When timer rings remove from heat, turning corn again. Cover and let stand.
3. Combine softened butter and spice. Blend well to combine. Drain the water from the corn pot tossing the butter in the pot and keep tossing the cobs to fully coat in the spiced butter.
4. If everyone likes cilantro add it in to the butter, if not sprinkle on individual cobs for those who like it. Grill steaks to desired doneness and slather with BBQ sauce on the last pass. Let rest in foil for a few minutes.
5. This meal is just yummy and so easy to throw together if you stick with the order of things!