Bread Pudding Mixture
1. Place the cubed brioche bread into a large mixing bowl and set aside. In another bowl, beat the eggs together with the granulated sugar, whole milk, cinnamon and baking powder.
2. Pour the egg mixture over the diced bread. Gently toss until all of the bread is coated with the egg mixture.
3. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and gently pour the bread mixture in. Cover the dish and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
Baked Apple Topping
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. In a medium bowl, coat the apple slices with the brown sugar and vanilla extract. Place the coated apple slices on a parchment lined sheet tray and bake for 12 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Set the cooked apples aside.
2. Remove the bread pudding dish from the fridge and preheat oven to 350ºF.
1. In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, brown sugar and ground cinnamon. Drizzle over the bread mixture evenly.
2. Bake the mixture for 30 – 40 minutes. Bake for 30 minutes for more of a bread pudding like consistency; bake for 40 minutes for a drier consistency. Cover the top of the bake with foil near the end of cooking to stop it from browning too much.
Maple Butter Cream Frosting
1. With a hand mixer, beat the butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and maple syrup. Whip until creamy and set aside.
2. Slice the cool bread pudding into 10 pieces. Top each slice with the baked apple topping.
3. Drizzle the frosting over the baked apple topping and bread pudding.
Source and Credits
Courtesy of Celebrity Chef Lynn Crawford.