Colourful Easter Popcorn
- serves 0
Decorations you can eat, that are aesthetically pleasing with no clean up — what makes more sense than that?
Courtesy of Sue Riedl
½ cup popcorn kernels
½ cup sugar
1 Tbsp butter
½ tsp salt
⅓ cup water
a few drops of food colouring
1. Preheat the oven to 180°F.
2. Pop your kernels to make about 8-12 cups plain popcorn and set aside in a large bowl-you want enough room to mix the popcorn and glaze well.
3. In a small pan bring the sugar, butter, salt and water to a boil and make sure all the sugar is dissolved.
4. Remove the liquid from the heat and add a few drops food colouring. Stir the mixture well until the colour is even and now drizzle onto the popcorn, stirring the popcorn so that the liquid is not hitting only in one spot.
5. Keep mixing the popcorn until the fully and evenly coated and the glaze has cooled.
6. Spread onto a parchment lined cookie sheet and dry in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until popcorn is just slightly tacky.
7. Cool on the cookie sheet and store in an airtight container if not eating immediately.