- prep time15 min
- total time 75 min
- serves 6 - 8
These meatballs are a warm treat, made with ground beef, quick oats and a slightly spicy sauce.
You might also like these Mouth-Watering Meatball Recipes.
1 ½ lb(s) ground beef
¾ cup quick oats
1 cup milk
3 Tbsp very finely minced onion
1 ½ tsp salt
Plenty of ground black pepper
4 Tbsp canola oil
½ cup all-purpose flourSauce
1 cup ketchup
4 - 6 Tbsp minced onion
3 Tbsp distilled white vinegar
2 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 dash hot sauce, such as Tabasco
1. In bowl, combine the ground beef and oats. Pour in the milk, and then add the onions, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Roll the mixture into tablespoon-size balls and refrigerate them for 30 to 45 minutes to firm.
2. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
3. Heat the canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Dredge the meatballs in the flour, and then brown the meatballs in batches until light brown. As they brown, place them into a rectangular baking dish.Sauce
1. Stir together the ketchup, onions, vinegar, sugar, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce. Drizzle the sauce evenly on the meatballs.
2. Bake until bubbly and hot, about 45 minutes.
2011 Ree Drummond, All Rights Reserved