Dry Garlic Sausage with Pasta and Spinach Salad
- prep time20 min
- total time 55 min
- serves 4
1 1/2 links (900 g) sausage
1 jar (341 mL) V-H medium dry garlic sauce
375 g linguini pasta
1 bag (350 g) pre-washed spinach
2 to 3 mandarins (other great adult toppings on this are toasted nuts or cashews, feta and red onion slivers)
Bottled poppy seed dressing
tsp olive oil (optional) (10 mL)
¼ tsp basil (optional) (1 mL)
1. Preheat oven to Broil.
2. Cut a deep slice down one side of sausages lengthwise using a sharp meat knife.
3. Face sausages slit side down on top of broiler pan. Broil in oven approx 10 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Fill a stovetop pot with water. Cover and bring to a boil.
5. When timer rings for sausages, remove from oven and drain any grease from the bottom of the broiler pan. Reset oven to 375 F (190 C).
6. Transfer sausages to the bottom tray of broiler pan and pour sauce over top. Bake, turning sausage occasionally (15 minutes).
8. Prepare salad. (I like to rinse mine in a salad spinner and spin dry before placing on the plates or in a bowl.) Segment the mandarins. The more toppings you have the less dressing you will need. Serve dressing after toppings.
9. When timer rings for pasta, rinse and toss with a little olive oil and basil if you like.