Easy Cinnamon Buns
- prep time20 min
- total time 50 min
- serves 6
Amy Rosen came up with these cinnamon buns during white water canoe trip in Manitoba after learning how to fashion bannock dough into pizza and cinnamon buns over an open fire.
1 ball homemade or store-bought pizza dough (enough to make a 12" pizza)
1. Heat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. Take pizza dough and roll it out on a lightly floured surface until it’s a long rectangle about 1/4" thick.
3. Spread the dough with a generous layer of softened butter, lots of brown sugar, chopped pecans and cinnamon making sure to leave a 1/2" of clean dough around the perimeter.
4. Roll lengthways into a long log and seal the edges.
5. Spread the log with more butter and sprinkle on more brown sugar.
6. Slice log into 2" rounds, turn them upright and fit them snugly in a buttered baking pan (can be a pie pan).
7. Put the pan in the oven for 30 minutes.
8. Take pan out and let buns cool slightly before you enjoy!
Courtesy of Amy Rosen, Rosen’s Cinnamon Buns