4 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 Tbsp butter (I used salted, but the choice is yours)
2 cup fresh breadcrumbs (I used Challah and left the crust
8 large cloves of garlic, finely minced
1 lb(s) uncooked, peeled , deveined jumbo shrimp (but really any size will do - the bigger they are the longer they need to cook)
⅓ cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
Finely grated zest of 1 large lemon
Juice of lemon
½ tsp crushed chili pepper seeds/flakes
8 oz farfalle pasta, cooked (I love the bowtie shape, but use whatever you fancy)
½ cup pasta cooking water reserved
1. In a large pot, cook pasta in salted water. Drain the
pasta and don't forget to reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water
for the final dish.
2. In the meantime, heat 4 tbsp olive oil and 2 tbsp
butter in a large non stick skillet over medium heat. Add the
breadcrumbs and half the minced garlic. Saute until the crumbs
are golden and crisp - 8-10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set
3. Season the shrimp - mine were huge so I cut them in
half - sacrilege, I know.
4. Heat the remaining oil and butter in the same skillet
over medium high heat and add the shrimps and the rest of the
garlic. Sauté until the shrimp are opaque in the middle (3-4
5. Stir in half the parsley, all the lemon zest and juice
and chili pepper seeds. Toss and add the cooked pasta and
cooking water and half the breadcrumb mix.
6. Toss again and taste for seasonings.