125 g (1/2 pkg) rice noodles, wide
1 Tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
¼ cup (60 mL) vegetable oil
2 cup (500 mL) broccoli florets, bite-sized
1 carrot, thinly sliced in a half-moon shape
1 pkg (226 g) mushrooms, quartered
1 red pepper, thinly sliced
1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
½ cup (125 mL) snow peas, stem removed
1 onion, sliced
1 clove garlic, grated
2 tsp (10 mL) ginger, grated
3 Tbsp (45 mL) soy sauce, light
3 Tbsp (45 mL) water
½ tsp (2 mL) salt
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and remove from heat. Put rice noodles into pot and soak until they are al dente (approximately 20-25 minutes). Check noodles periodically to make sure they do not become too soft.
2. When noodles are al dente, rinse with cold water and drain. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix cornstarch and 2 tablespoons (30 mL) of vegetable oil together until cornstarch is dissolved.
4. Toss broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, red pepper, yellow pepper and snow peas in cornstarch mixture to coat.
5. Heat the remaining oil, 2 tablespoons (30 mL), in a large wok over medium high heat. Sauté onions, garlic and ginger with oil.
6. Add vegetables and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent burning.
7. Mix soy sauce, water and salt together and add to the wok.
8. Add soaked rice noodles and gently stir fry until vegetables are cooked and tender. Do not over mix.