1 cup (250 mL) gluten-free all-purpose flour
2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
1 tsp (5 mL) xanthan gum (if your gluten-free flour already contains xanthan gum, omit from recipe)
2 Tbsp (30 mL) sugar
1 cup (250 mL) almond milk
2 Tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1 cup (250 mL) fresh blueberries
2 Tbsp (30 mL) butter, melted
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, xanthan gum and sugar.
2. In a small bowl, mix egg, almond milk, vegetable oil, vanilla, lemon zest and juice.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients all at once and whisk until combined. Stir in fresh blueberries.
4. Heat non-stick skillet on medium-high heat and brush pan with a little melted butter.
5. Pour ¼ cup (60 mL) of batter onto frying pan and cook until bottom is brown and bubbles appear on top.
6. Flip pancake and cook for another 1-2 minutes until cooked through.