Havarti and Bacon Brochettes
- serves 0
16 big cubes, Havarti cheese
8 slices bacon, each cut in four
4 wooden skewers, steeped in water
1. Place Canadian Havarti cheese cubes on a plate and freeze for 2 hours.
2. Preheat barbecue to medium.
3. Wrap each cheese cube with two pieces of bacon as tightly as possible, completely covering cheese.
4. Skewer 4 cubes of Canadian Havarti cheese to each brochette and barbecue 7 to 8 minutes, or until bacon is crisp and cheese starts to melt, turning over a few times.
5. Remove from heat and serve on a bed of mesclun. Accompany with pickled mushrooms.
6. Tip: Change the flavour of this dish by using Canadian Mozzarella or Canadian Cheddar cheese.