Lynn's Lobster Mashed Potatoes
- prep time40 min
- total time 160 min
- serves 4
Add some seafood flair to your mashed potatoes with this easy and creative side.
1 onion, chopped
1 ribs celery, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1 lemon, sliced
2 leaves bay
2 sprig flat leaf parsley
2 sprig thyme
1 tsp (5 mL) peppercornsLobster Mashed Potatoes
1 1 ¼ lb(s) (450 to 750 g) lobster tail
¾ cubes (175 mL) 35% cream
4 Tbsp (60 mL) unsalted butter
1 lb(s) (450 g) russet potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
2 Tbsp (30 mL) chives
salt and pepper
1. Add all court bouillon ingredients to a stockpot. Fill with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes. Season water with enough salt so that it tastes like sea water.Lobster Mashed Potatoes
1. Bring court bouillon back to a boil and lower lobster into water head first. Cover pot and cook lobster until just opaque in center, about 7 minutes from the time the water returns to a boil. Transfer lobster to work surface and cool slightly. Remove lobster meat from shell. Cut meat into 1 inch (2.5 cm) pieces.
2. Add potatoes to a large pot of cold, salted water and bring to a boil. Cook until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
3. While potatoes are boiling, bring cream to a gentle simmer. Add lobster meat and simmer until just heated through. Remove from heat and keep warm.
4. Drain potatoes; return to pan and mash. Mix in butter, lobster mixture and chives; season with salt and pepper.