Mac and Cheese
- prep time1 min
- total time 45 min
- serves 6
Delicious Mac and Cheese filled with sweet potatoes, zucchini and herbs.
1 zucchini, diced
1 sweet red pepper, diced
1 peeled sweet potato, cubed
1 Tbsp olive oil
3 cup milk
¼ cup all purpose flour
2 cup shredded light old cheddar style cheese
4 oz light cream cheese
½ tsp dry mustard
½ tsp thyme
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
5 cup fusilli pasta
5 cup Scoobi-Do pastaTopping
1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
3 Tbsp butter, melted
2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degree C).
2. In bowl, toss zucchini, red pepper and potato with oil; spread on lightly greased baking sheet.
3. Roast in oven for 25 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, whisk 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the milk with flour.
5. In saucepan, heat remaining milk over medium heat until bubbles appear around edge; whisk in flour mixture and bring to boil, whisking.
6. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until thickened.
7. Remove from heat.
8. Whisk in Cheddar and cream cheeses, mustard, thyme, salt and pepper until smooth.
9. Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta for 8 minutes or until just tender.
10. Drain and return to pot; stir in sauce and vegetables.
11. Spoon into greased 8 cup (2L) casserole.Topping
1. Combine crumbs, butter and Parmesan; sprinkle over pasta.
2. Bake for 10 minutes or until bubbling and golden.