1 breast (about 4 portions of 3 oz/85 g) boneless, skin-on duck breast
1 tsp (5 mL) shallots, chopped very fine
¼ cup (60 mL) dried cranberries
½ cup (120 mL) orange juice
½ carton (240 mL) CAMPBELL'S® Stock First™ Beef Stock
1 tsp (5 mL) black pepper, coarse ground or cracked
zest of 1 orange
1. Place a large heavy bottom skillet over medium heat and sear duck breasts, skin side down, for 8-10 minutes to crisp skin.
2. Transfer pan to a 375°F (190°C) oven and roast to desired doneness, 10-12 minutes for medium. Remove breasts from oven and keep warm.
3. Pour off fat from the pan use for the breast and discard. Place pan over medium-high heat and add shallots and cranberries. Sauté for 1 minute, then add orange juice to deglaze, scraping any browned bits from bottom of pan. Simmer until the pan is almost dry and the juice is syrup-like.
4. Add stock and pepper and simmer until reduced by half or until sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Stir in orange zest.
5. Place duck breasts skin side down on a cutting board and slice thinly at an angle. Transfer to plates and pool sauce around sliced duck.