- prep time30 min
- total time 50 min
- serves 12
A buckle is like a crisp or crumble, but has a cake-like batter.
15 oz butter
435 g sugar
3 Tbsp lemon zest
660 g all-purpose flour
3 tsp baking powder
¾ tsp baking soda
1 ½ tsp salt
1 Tbsp plus 1 1/2 tsp ginger
1 ½ cups buttermilkPeaches
Fresh peaches, sliced
14 oz sugar
6 oz cake flour
2 tsp nutmeg
8 oz butter
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Cream together the butter, sugar and lemon zest until light and fluffy.
3. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and ginger in a separate bowl.
4. Add the eggs gradually to the butter and sugar and mix.
5. Alternate adding the dry ingredients and buttermilk to the wet mixture and mix until smooth.Peaches
1. In a bowl, mix together fresh peach slices and cinnamon.Buckle Topping
1. Place in a mixer until or massage with hands until combined.
2. In a greased muffin tin pour in batter and top each with 4 peach slices and buckle topping.
3. Bake between 15 - 20 minutes.
4. Let buckle cool completely before eating.
Courtesy of Carey Bell, Proof Bakeshop