Peach Schnapps Squares with Warmed Peaches
- serves 24
3 cup all-purpose flour
¾ cup light brown sugar, packed
¾ tsp salt
1 cup unsalted butter at room temperatureFilling
2 8 oz packages cream cheese, at room temperature
¾ cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
4 Tbsp peach schnapps
2 large eggs
¾ cup peach jam
1. Preheat oven to 350 °F. Grease a 9 inch spring form pan
2. In a food processor, pulse all ingredients until a crumbly texture. Press into prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes. While crust is baking, prepare filling.
3. With electric beaters, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Beat in sugar, vanilla and 2 Tbsp of peach schnapps. Reduce speed to low and add eggs, one at a time.
4. While crust is still hot, stir remaining 2 Tbsp of schnapps into peach jam and spread over hot crust. Pour cheesecake mixture over jam and bake for 30 minutes, until set (but a little jiggly in center). Allow to cool to room temperature, then chill completely before slicing.
5. For warm peaches, stir1 Tbsp butter and 2 Tbsp granulated sugar over medium heat. Add 3 cups of peeled and sliced peaches and 3 Tbsp of peach liqueur. Serve on or beside slices of cheesecake.