½ cup pecans
1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
⅓ cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp cornstarch
⅓ cup unsalted butter, softened
2 Tbsp hazelnut or walnut oil
2 tsp rum or water
35 pecan halves
2 oz dark chocolate, melted
1. With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350 °F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a food processor, finely grind the pecans with the flour, sugar and cornstarch. Add the butter, oil and rum and pulse a few seconds at a time until the dough begins to form.
3. Remove the dough from the processor. Shape into a disc with your hands and cover in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. On a floured work surface, roll out the dough into a 1-cm (1/2-inch) thick sheet. Cut cookies with a 2.5 X 3.5-cm (1 x 1 ½-inch) rectangular cookie cutter. Place a pecan half in the centre of each cookie. Place on the baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes. Cool completely.
5. With a fork, drizzle the melted chocolate over cookies. Cool until the chocolate has hardened.