Rhubarb Panna Cotta
- prep time12 min
- total time 28 min
Courtesy of Chef Tim Cuff of West Oak.
300 g fresh rhubarb, dark red and cut thin
75 g sugar
½ orange, zested
1 orange, juiced
50 mL water
50 mL maple syrup
8 mason jarsPanna Cotta
6 leaves gelatin
1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
750 mL whipped cream
250 mL whole milk
150 g sugar
1. In a heavy bottom pot on medium heat, sweat rhubarb with sugar for 1 minute.
2. Add orange juice, zest, water and maple syrup, and cook for 10 minutes. Compote should be bright red, tender, sweet and tangy. Pour a half-inch thick layer into mason jars immediately.Panna Cotta
1. Add cream, milk, sugar and vanilla bean to a heavy bottom pot. Bring to simmer and remove from heat.
2. In cold water, soak (bloom) gelatin, squeeze out excess water and mix into hot cream mixture.
3. Slowly pour cream mixture into mason jars, over top of rhubarb compote. Be careful not to mix the cream with rhubarb compote.
4. Garnish Panna Cotta with thin rhubarb shavings tossed in sugar.