Roasted Garlic Onion Potatoes
- serves 0
Yield: 6 Potatoes
6 new long potatoes washed
¼ cup olive oil
12 cloves of garlic sliced ¼ inch thick
¼ cup butter softened
2 cup fresh onion sliced
Salt and pepper
Garnish: sour cream chives bacon
1. Preheat barbeque to 300°F (150°C).
2. Using a sharp knife make 1/16 inch slits horizontally down the length of the potato leaving ¼ inch uncut on the bottom. This keeps the potato in tact.
3. Repeat with all potatoes.
4. Drizzle with oil over potatoes equally.
5. Slide garlic slivers between the cuts in the potatoes.
6. Place each potato on a piece of foil large enough to wrap the whole potato.
7. Slice butter and slide pieces in 2 or 3 of the slits of each potato. Distribute butter equally.
8. Top each potato with a good sprinkling of salt and pepper then finish with a mound of onions.
9. Fold up the potato in foil.
10. Place the potatoes on the grill.
11. Close barbeque lid and cook for 45-50 minutes or until soft.
12. Check potatoes to ensure even cooking on the bottom. If they are browning too quickly on the bottom before the rest of potato is cooked, move potatoes to the warming rack.
13. Remove potatoes from grill using barbeque gloves.
14. Serve with sour cream, chives and bacon.