- prep time10 min
- total time 25 min
- serves 48
2001, Barefoot Contessa Parties!, All Rights Reserved.
8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
½ lb(s) unsalted butter, at room temperature
¼ cup granulated sugar plus 9 Tbsp
¼ tsp kosher salt
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
¾ cup raisins
1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
½ cup apricot preserves, pureed in a food processor
1 egg beaten with 1 Tbsp milk, for egg wash
1. Cream the cheese and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until light. Add 1/4 cup granulated sugar, the salt, and vanilla. With the mixer on low speed, add the flour and mix until just combined. Dump the dough out onto a well-floured board and roll it into a ball. Cut the ball in quarters, wrap each piece in plastic, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. To make the filling, combine 6 tablespoons of granulated sugar, the brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, the raisins, and walnuts.
3. On a well-floured board, roll each ball of dough into a 9-inch circle. Spread the dough with 2 tablespoons apricot preserves and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the filling. Press the filling lightly into the dough. Cut the circle into 12 equal wedgescutting the whole circle in quarters, then each quarter into thirds. Starting with the wide edge, roll up each wedge. Place the cookies, points tucked under, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Chill for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
5. Brush each cookie with the egg wash. Combine 3 tablespoons granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon and sprinkle on the cookies. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack and let cool.