1 cup shrimp, shells
3 Tbsp olive oil
¼ cup unsalted butter
5 cloves of garlic, peeled, chopped
½ tsp crushed red pepper, flakes
¾ cup white wine
2 Tbsp lemon juice
zest of 1/2 lemon
1 ½ Tbsp chopped fresh basil
3 Alaskan king crab, legs, shelled, diced
freshly ground black pepper
1 lb(s) Alaskan king crabmeat
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 lb(s) spaghettini or linguine
1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees F.
2. Put shrimp shells, in a single layer, on a baking sheet. Cook 4 to 6 hours or until shells are dried out. Cool shells.
3. In a food processor, grind shells to a fine powder to create shrimp dust for garnishing the dish.
4. Heat olive oil and butter in a sauté pan on medium heat. Add garlic and red pepper and sauté for 3 minutes or until softened. Add white wine, lemon juice, lemon zest, basil, parsley, crabmeat, salt and pepper. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until crab is heated through.
5. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghettini and cook for about 6 minutes or until al dente. Drain. Toss the spaghettini in the pan with the sauce.
6. Garnish with shrimp dust.