Spicy Coffee Almonds
- prep time10 min
- total time 70 min
- serves 2 - 4
Courtesy of David Burtka and Nespresso.
Photo credit: George Pimentel/Nespresso.
1 large egg whites
1 Tbsp water
1 Tbsp salt
½ cup granulated sugar
2 Nespresso Evoluo capsule, grinds removed (4 Tbsp coffee grinds)
1 tsp ancho chile powder
1 lb(s) whole raw almonds
1. Preheat oven to 300ºF. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine water and egg white and whisk until frothy.
3. To the egg white add salt, sugar, Nespresso coffee grinds, chile powder and mix well. Add almonds and toss to evenly coat.
4. Spread almonds evenly on a sheet pan and bake for 20 mins. Stir almonds and reduce heat to 275ºF. Bake the nuts another 40 mins until almonds are dry to the touch.
5. Let almonds cool completely. Once cool, break apart the nuts and store in a sealed container.