Spinach and Strawberry Salad with Warm Bacon Vinaigrette
- prep time15 min
- total time 30 min
- serves 4
If you're looking for a delicious salad full of nutrients and flavour, look no further than this recipe.
5 oz baby spinach
1 ½ cups sliced strawberries
1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
1 Tbsp sliced almonds
4 slices bacon, chopped
1 tsp whole-grain mustard
1 tsp sugar
2 ½ Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 Tbsp olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Put the spinach, strawberries and shallots in a large bowl.
2. Toast the almonds in a small skillet over medium heat, stirring until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl or plate and set aside to cool.
3. Put the bacon in a cold medium skillet; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until browned and crisp, about 10 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate; leave the bacon fat in the pan.
4. Take the skillet off the heat and stir in the mustard and sugar until the sugar is dissolved. Add the vinegar and then whisk in the olive oil. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste.
5. Add the bacon and almonds to the salad, pour over the bacon vinaigrette, and toss to coat. Serve immediately.