Tacos in a Shell or Taco Salad
- prep time15 min
- total time 25 min
- serves 4
Delicious tacos that are quick and easy to make!
1 lb(s) Ground Beef, Extra Lean (450 gms)
tsp Chili Powder
1 tsp Cumin Powder
¼ tsp Turmeric
tsp Onion Flakes
½ cup each of Ketchup and Water
1 Head Romaine Lettuce
4 Green Onions
4 Roma tomatoes
½ cup Each of Fat-Free Sour Cream and Chunky Salsa
¾ cup Grated Low-Fat Cheddar Cheese (For all)
6 Hard or Soft-Shell Tacos (try Old El Paso brand)
1. Take out equipment and ingredients.
2. Brown meat in large non-stick pan at med-high until no longer pink. Add spices while meat is browning.
3. Add ketchup and water after meat has browned. Simmer.
4. Shred lettuce into salad spinner, rinse and spin dry. Chop green onion and slice tomatoes.
5. Arrange lettuce in serving bowls for parents, and on serving platter for kids.
6. Spoon meat mixture into each taco and sprinkle with cheese. Add whatever your heart desires off the serving platter.
7. Spoon meat mixture into bowls of lettuce and sprinkle with cheese, onions, tomatoes, and olives; you name it.