Tacos with Fixings
- serves 6
450 g ground beef (90% lean)
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin powder
¼ tsp tumeric
2 tsp onion flakes
½ cup ketchup
½ cup waterFixings
A little more than 1 lb. (500g) frozen French Fries
Seasoned salt or Cajun seasoning (for fries)
⅓ heads green leaf lettuce
4 green onions, chopped
4 Roma tomatoes, sliced
½ cup fat-free sour cream
½ cup chunky salsa
¾ cup grated low-fat Cheddar cheese
1 pkg (12) hard shell tacos
More suggested fixings: chopped fresh cilantro, olives, avocado, caramelized onion
1. Brown meat in large nonstick frying pan at medium-high until no longer pink.
2. Add spices while meat is browning.
3. Add ketchup and water after meat has browned.
1. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
2. Place fries on sheet, spray tops with cooking spray and sprinkle with seasoning salt.
3. Bake for 10 minutes then toss and set timer for another 5 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Tear lettuce.
5. Arrange vegetables on serving platter with sour cream, salsa and grated cheese.
6. Spoon meat mixture into each taco and sprinkle with cheese.
7. Add fixings from serving platter.