- serves 24
These little shortbread bites literally “meltaway” on your tongue. My mother gave me this recipe, a southern treat often served in the afternoon with sweet tea or lemonade to take a break from the heat.
¾ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup icing sugar, sifted
zest of two tangerines
3 Tbsp fresh tangerine juice
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 ¾ cup all purpose flour
2 Tbsp cornstarch
¼ tsp saltGlaze
2 Tbsp tangerine juice
6 Tbsp icing sugar
1 Tbsp unsalted butter, meltedTo Assemble
1. Cream together butter and icing sugar until smooth. Stir in tangerine zest, juice and vanilla.
2. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, cornstarch and salt. Stir into butter mixture and shape into logs, wrap and chill for 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 325 F.
4. Slice 1/4-inch slices and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes and allow to cool.Glaze
1. Whisk together juice, icing sugar and melted butter.To Assemble
1. Pour glaze over cookies to cover and allow to set, about 1 hour. Enjoy!