Teriyaki Flank Steak
- serves 0
2 Flank Steaks
½ cup soy sauce
½ cup teriyaki sauce
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 tbsp fresh ginger, finely grated or 1 tsp powdered ginger
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp finely chopped onion
1. With a sharp knife, score (cut slashes across flank steak) about one inch apart. Just barely slice into the meat. Do not make deep gashes.
2. Combine all other ingredients in a shallow dish long enough to hold the flank steaks flat.
3. Marinate in refrigerator for 24 hours or on the counter for at least 2 hours. The longer the better to tenderize the meat.
4. Preheat oven to broil or heat up the BBQ. Grill 5 minutes / side for medium rare. Add 1-2 minutes if you like it more well-done.
5. Let the meat rest for 5 minutes before slicing. This relaxes the meat and makes it even more tender. Slice across the grain and at a slight angle. (Just off of being perpendicular)
Tips & Variations
Great with rice and sautéed vegetables like baby bok choy, spinach or asparagus.