The Pioneer Woman's Key Lime Pie
- prep time5 min
- total time 25 min
- serves 8
Ree's recipe for key lime pie is a comfort foodie's treasure trove.
18 whole graham crackers (the 4-section large pieces)
8 Tbsp (1 stick) salted butter, melted
⅓ cup sugarFilling
1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 heaping Tbsp grated lime zest
½ cup lime juice
2 large egg yolks
Whipped cream, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2. For the crust: Crush the graham crackers in a food processor or a resealable plastic bag. Pour them into a bowl and stir in the melted butter and sugar. Press the mixture into a pie pan and bake until golden and set, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.Filling
1. For the filling: Mix the condensed milk, lime zest, lime juice and egg yolks in the bowl of a mixer and mix on high until smooth and thick.
2. Pour the mixture into the crust and bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool, then refrigerate for at least 1 hour -- more if possible.
3. Serve with whipped cream.