Tomato Basil Wheat Berry Salad
- prep time1 min
- total time 90 min
- serves 4
Try this warm tomato and wheat berry salad for wonderful nutty flavours.
1 ½ cup wheat berries
¼ cup olive oil
2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
2 tomato, chopped
2 green onion, chopped
¼ cup chopped fresh basil
1. In large saucepan, cover wheat berries with about 2 inches (5 cm) of cold water; bring to boil.
2. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until tender but firm.
3. Drain and transfer to large bowl; let cool completely.
4. Whisk together oil, vinegar, salt and pepper; pour over wheat berries.
5. Add tomatoes, onions and basil; toss to coat.