Tri Tip Steak with the World’s Best Scalloped Potatoes, Asparagus and Herbed Butter
- serves 4
You might also like these Easy Family Steak Dinner Recipes.
4 6 oz Tri-Tip steaks
salt and pepper
2 Tbsp olive oilHerbed Butter
1 lb(s) salted butter
1 bunch flat leaf parsley, washed and dried
1 bunch chives, washed and dried
1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 tsp hot sauce
½ juice of half a lemonBaked Asparagus
1 lb(s) asparagus, trimmed
2 slices herbed butter, about 0.125 inches thick
¼ cup breadcrumbs
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp olive oil
4 plum tomatoes, coarsley chopped
1 shallot, finely chopped
½ tsp red wine vinegar
salt and pepper to tasteWorld’s Best Scallop Potatoes
5 Tbsp butter, divided
5 large russet baking potatoes, peeled and sliced into 0.125 inch thick rounds
2 cup half and half
2 clove garlic, finely chopped
pinch of ground nutmeg
2 sprig rosemary, chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Pat meat dry and season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat oil in a cast iron frying pan over medium high heat. When pan is hot, add meat and sear 2 minutes per side, or until golden brown
4. Transfer pan to preheated oven and cook 3-4 minutes more, or until medium rare
5. Let meat rest 2-3 minutes and serve with Herbed ButterHerbed Butter
1. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Let cool slightly.
2. In a blender, mix herbs, worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and lemon juice. Slowly add melted butter, and blend until incorporated. Do not over mix, or herbs will bruise. Transfer mixture to a metal bowl, and place bowl in an ice bath. Whisk until cool, and mixture has emulsified. Place mixture in freezer for 5 minutes. Remove from freezer and continue mixing until butter is thick and reconstituted.
3. Divide mixture in 2. Place half of butter on a large piece of plastic wrap. Roll tightly into log. Repeat with other half.
4. Store in refrigerator until use.Baked Asparagus
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Place asparagus in oven proof ceramic dish.
3. Top with Herbed Butter. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. Drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and salt and pepper.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and crispy.
5. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl mix tomatoes, shallot, remaining 1 tsp olive oil, red wine vinegar and salt and pepper.
6. Remove asparagus from oven and serve with marinated tomatoes.World’s Best Scallop Potatoes
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Butter the inside of an 8 x 8 baking dish with 1 tbsp butter.
2. In a large pot set over medium heat, melt remaining butter with half and half, garlic, nutmeg and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add potatoes, and bring to a boil. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are slightly tender.
4. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish, smoothing as much as possible. Cover potatoes with cheddar cheese and bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Let potatoes cool slightly before serving.