Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- prep time10 min
- total time 23 min
- serves 24
Those on a vegan diet can now enjoy the warm and comforting all-around goodness of chocolate chip cookies!
You might also like these Vegan Desserts Even Non-Vegans Will Love.
½ cup virgin coconut oil
½ cup packed light brown sugar
¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 ¼ cup spelt flour
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 cup vegan chocolate chips or chunks
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Beat the coconut oil and brown sugar together until smooth (electric beaters are best), and then stir in the applesauce and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, stir the spelt flour, cornstarch, flaxseed, baking soda and salt together. Add this to the sugar mixture and stir until blended, then stir in the chocolate chunks. Scoop teaspoonfuls of dough onto the baking tray, leaving 1 ½-inches between each cookie and press the cookie down a little.
4. Bake the cookies for 11 to 13 minutes, until they just begin to brown a little. Cool the cookies on the tray and then store in an airtight container.
5. The cookies will keep for up to 3 days.
Courtesy of Anna Olson.