Whole Wheat Nachos with Corn
- serves 0
3 whole wheat pitas, each about 6-1/2 inches (16 cm) in diameter
1/3 cup (150 mL) shredded old Canadian cheddar cheese
1/3 cup (75 mL) shredded Canadian mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup (75 mL) shredded Canadian Monterey Jack cheese
½ cup 1/2 cup (125 mL) corn kernels (thawed if frozen)
3 Tbsp (45 mL) sliced black olives
3 Tbsp (45 mL) diced tomatoes
¼ cup (50 mL) sour cream
Chopped chives (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Cut each pita into 8 wedges and arrange on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until crisp. Let cool.
3. In a small bowl, mix together cheeses.
4. Preheat broiler.
5. Spread the pita wedges out onto a large parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with half the corn, olives and tomatoes and 1/3 cup (75 mL) of the cheese. Repeat with remaining corn, olives and tomatoes. Sprinkle all over with remaining cheese.
6. Broil for 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
7. Slice nachos onto a serving platter and top with sour cream.