Goat Cheese Guacamole
- prep time20 min
- total time 30 min
- serves 2 - 4
If you are looking for a fresh take on guacamole, you need to try this awe-inspiring dip, garnished with a fresh wedge of lime for added zest.
1 Tbsp (15 mL) Kosher salt
1 Tbsp (15 mL) garlic, minced
1 Tbsp (15 mL) jalapeno, minced (optional)
1 lime, juiced
Fire-roasted poblano peppers, desired amount
½ spanish onion, minced
Goat cheese, desired amount
Tomatoes, diced, desired amount
1 bunch cilantro, minced
1 wedge lime, optional
1. Remove avocado flesh and discard skins.
2. Place avocados in mixing bowl with salt, garlic, jalapeno and lime juice. Use a potato masher or spoon and mix well to desired consistency. Season to taste.
3. To create the fire-roasted poblano peppers, toss whole peppers on a charcoal grill at about 500ºF for 10 minutes, or until exterior skin blisters.
4. Once the cooked peppers have cooled, open and remove the seeds.
5. Fold desired amounts of crumbled goat cheese, roasted poblano peppers and diced tomato into the avocado mix.
6. Plate guacamole in a bowl and garnish with a wedge of lime and sprinkling of extra goat cheese. Serve tortilla chips alongside the guacamole.
Courtesy of Momocho