1. In a saucepan, cover Little potatoes with water and boil for 12 to 15 minutes, until easily pierced. Drain and cool.
2. Slice white part of the fennel bulb into 16 one-inch pieces. Repeat with peppers and salmon.
3. Alternately thread fennel, salmon, and pepper onto metal or (pre-soaked) bamboo skewers.
4. In a mixing bowl, which together tomato sauce, maple syrup, and smoked paprika.
5. Place skewers on a well-seasoned stovetop grill pan or barbecue grill on medium-high.
6. Turn after 3 to 4 minutes and brush with sauce. Continue grilling for another 5 to 6 minutes, brushing with sauce, until salmon has reached desired doneness.
7. For an alternate cooking method, skewers can be placed in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes at 400°F.