Fire up the cauldron for a bewitching no-bake treat perfect for your Halloween party. Crispy pretzel batons are dipped into green-tinted white chocolate, then topped with a dab of raspberry jam ‘blood’ and sliced almond nails. No witch finger would be complete without warts, so we’ve added one for good measure. Ghoulish guests won’t be able to keep their hands off these frightful fingers that make an eerie snap with each bite.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
1 cup of white melting chocolate
1 tsp green food dye
24 3-inch pretzel batons
1 Tbsp toffee bits
2 Tbsp raspberry jam
2 Tbsp almond slices
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
2. Place chocolate in a microwave safe measuring cup. Microwave on high in blasts of 20 seconds until melted, stirring in between, about 3 blasts.
3. Stir in food dye until colour is uniform.
4. Dip a pretzel baton into chocolate, leaving about 1 inch at the bottom. Hold the pretzel over the measuring cup to allow excess chocolate to drip off.
5. Place dipped pretzel on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining pretzel batons.
6. To create the witch’s “warts” place 1 toffee bit on the dipped pretzel about 1 inch away from the tip.
7. Cool pretzels in refrigerator until chocolate is set, about 20 minutes.
8. Once chocolate is set, create the witches “bloody nails” by placing a dab of raspberry jam on the tip of dipped pretzel. Place 1 almond slice over jam and gently push down to spread jam to outer ridges of the almond slice. Continue with remaining pretzels.
9. Using the sharp end of a wooden skewer, etch 3 horizontal lines in the chocolate of the dipped pretzel to create finger details.
10. Store in a cool place until ready to serve.