Southwestern Corn Waffles
- prep time10 min
- total time 20 min
- serves 3
With just a few tweaks to a typical waffle, you’ll have the zesty and sweet flavours of the southwest in your waffle sandwich.
2 ½ cups Basic Pantry Pancake and Waffle Mix (See Cook's Note below)
1 cup milk
½ cup buttermilk
2 eggs, beaten
2 Tbsp oil
½ tsp chili powder
2 Tbsp thawed, frozen corn (place frozen corn in a colander and run hot water over for 15 seconds)
2 slices Monterey Jack cheese
½ avocado, sliced
3 Tbsp sour cream
1 tsp lime juice
1 tsp chopped cilantro
1. Preheat your waffle iron.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk Basic Pantry Pancake and Waffle Mix. Stir in milk, buttermilk, eggs and oil. Add your chili powder and corn.
3. Coat waffle iron with oil or nonstick spray; repeat if necessary between batches. Follow the waffle iron’s instructions for cooking.
4. In a small bowl, mix together sour cream, lime juice and zest, salt and cilantro.
5. Pack slices of Monterey jack cheese, avocado and sour cream. each in a separate container. Assemble sandwich at lunch hour.
For the Basic Pantry Pancake and Waffle Mix recipe, click here.